- Resources & Downloads
Choose Turface® Pro League® for unsurpassed performance and just the right aesthetic! Smaller, more uniform, particles combine with the color red to make this conditioner the choice of most groundskeepers.
The first and only patented, red calcined clay conditioner, Turface® Pro League® Red combines a rich red color with proven infield conditioning benefits, creating superior sliding and fielding surfaces. As the preferred conditioner of the major leagues, Pro League Red is unmatched for maximum rainout protection and infield coloring.
- Materials: A calcined, non-swelling illite and silica clay
- Porosity: Total 74%, with 39% Capillary and 35% Non Capillary
- pH range: 5.5 + 1.0
- CEC: 33.6 mEq/100g
- Particle Stability: Sulfate Soundness testing (ASTM C-88) and static degradation test not to exceed 4% loss over 20 years
- Bulk Density: 40+ 2 lb/ft³
- Color Range: Reddish/Brown
- Packaging: 50 pound valve bags, 2000 pound super sacks
Pro League Heritage Red® Sieve Analysis:
|5 MESH (4 mm)||0.0%|
|8 MESH (2.38 mm)||4.0%|
|16 MESH (1.19 mm)||89.2%|
|20 MESH (.841 mm)||5.8%|
|50 MESH (.297 mm)||0.9%|
Product Description: Must be an illite silica blend at 40% minimum and 60% minimum amorphous silica. Material must be
processed in a rotary kiln operation at temperatures not less than 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. Product must then be screened and dedusted.
Typical Chemical Description:
- SiO2 - 74%
- Al2O3 - 11%
- Fe2O3 - 5%
- All other chemicals equal less than 5% and include : CaO, MgO, K2O, Na2O and TiO2
Installation: Use the following formula to determine the amount of Turface to incorporate into the skinned infield mix. Infields
should be amended at 15% to 20% by volume, 4 inches deep.
Turface tons required = area x depth of incorporation (in inches) x desired % of Turface (20% = 0.2)/667
For example: To determine the amount of TURFACE required to amend an infield skinned area of 9000 sq. ft. at a depth of 4 inc hes at a
9000 x 4 x 0.2/667 = 10.8 tons of TURFACE