Bull Tall Forage Fescue is a high yielding, endophyte free cool season grass that is widely harvested for hay or silage. What makes this variety special is the blades of the grass are softer and narrower making it easily digestible and palatable. Dairy and beef cattle highly enjoy this grass! You may seed alone or in mixtures with other species such as alfalfa, red clover, white clover or birdsfoot trefoil, depending on intended use. Once established Bull Fescue can compete with weeds and is resistant to many foliar diseases.
- Tolerant of heat, drought, poor drainage
- Can improve live weight gains
- Fast establishing
- Supports cattle, horses, sheep, goats, alpaca/llama
- Endophyte free
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate (lbs.) per 1000 square feet. New 8-10 lbs. , Over seeding 5 to 8lbs
- Planting Season: Spring - Fall
- Plant Depth: ½"