Rapeseed is a cool season annual that is very adaptable to different soil types and climates. The highly palatable forage is an excellent choice for livestock, deer and game birds. It has several benefits in a diverse food plot program – especially in winter when other forage may be dormant. It is versatile enough to be planted in the spring for a summer cover, or may be utilized in the fall for a winter cover crop. It prefers a well-drained soil, but it can grow almost anywhere. Its deep tap roots are excellent at breaking soil compaction. It is heat, cold and drought tolerant and emerges quickly to produce a lush stand of succulent bio-mass.
- Regrowth potential for 3-4 grazings
- Ideal for summer, autumn and winter feed
- drought tolerant
- emerges quickly
- High palatability
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: Alone (lbs./acre): 6-8 / Mixes (lbs./acre): 2-4
- Planting Season: April - July
- Plant Depth: ½" – 1 ½"