Nui is a perennial grass, bred from New Zealand. It is an older cultivar however it has passed the test of time used as a general-purpose ryegrass. It is quick and easy to establish which reaches maximum production able to withstand grazing pressures, especially under dry conditions. Perennial ryegrass may be seeded alone or in mixtures with other species.
- Older type ryegrass
- Strong winter and spring production
- Great for low fertility conditions.
- Daily Light Required: Full sun to med shade
- Sun Tolerance: Good
- Shade Tolerance: Good
- Grass Color: Medium green
- Grass Texture: Fine
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Traffic Tolerance: Excellent
- Seeding Rate (lbs.) per 1000 square feet. New 8-10 lbs. , Over seeding 5 to 8lbs
- Mowing: Recommendation (in.) 2 ¼ - 4”