Park Kentucky Bluegrass is a common variety used for residential lawns, commercial properties, and golf courses throughout the United States. This variety was especially formulated to give you the most luxurious, resilient, dark green Kentucky bluegrass lawn possible. Kentucky Bluegrass gives lawns a great look by spreading to fill in open areas or thickening existing stands. It may be seeded alone or in mixtures with other species. With early spring green up and strong summer performance, Park Kentucky Bluegrass can provide year-round bluegrass quality.
- Sustained turf quality and color from early spring through summer and late into fall.
- Excellent sod strength.
- Aggressive, vigorous spreading growth habit.
- Excellent tolerance to mowing.
- Superior drought tolerance.
- Daily Light Required: Full sun to med shade
- Sun Tolerance: Very good
- Shade Tolerance: Good
- Grass Color: Medium green
- Grass Texture: Fine
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Traffic Tolerance: Excellent
- Seeding Rate (lbs.) per 1000 square feet. New 3 to 5 lbs, Overseeding: 2-3 lbs
- Mowing: Recommendation (in.) 2 ¼ - 4”