Birdsfoot trefoil is a long-lived perennial legume ideally suited for many grass-legume pastures. During July and August, it grows and yields forage. Other benefits from introducing trefoil into grass pastures include higher daily gains by the grazing animals and more uniform distribution of forage production.
- Found in prairies and open areas, such as roadsides.
- Birdsfoot trefoil is often used for mine reclamation and other sites with marginal soils.
- excellent food source for deer.
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: 5 lb/acre
- Planting Season: Spring – Fall
- Plant Depth: ½