Field & Fairway™ is the perfect choice for conditioning native soil sports turf. Field & Fairway is ideal for heavy traffic areas near goals on Soccer fields. Its uniform particle size makes it perfect for new field construction, topdressing and infilling aerated fields. It is available in natural and emerald green to blend in with the color of sports turf. Its performance is proven in University testing and in the real world by groundskeepers like Ken Mrock of the Chicago Bears.
- Resources & Downloads
Profile® Field & Fairway™ Emerald provides a cosmetic benefit and is ideal for maintenance of sports fields and golf courses. Field & Fairway Emerald can also be incorporated into the root zone to help prevent compaction and promote turf survival under intense traffic. The particles hold moisture and nutrients, providing a permanent balance of air and water pore space to increase drainage and prevent muddy conditions that destroy turf. Field & Fairway Emerald provides an appealing green turf color and is excellent for removing puddles and drying muddy areas. The product is easily applied as a topdressing before and after heavy traffic events to aid turf recovery and prevent soggy spots.
- Materials: A calcined, non-swelling illite and silica clay
- Porosity: Total 74%, with 39% Capillary and 35% Non Capillary
- pH range: 5.5 + 1.0
- CEC: 33.6 mEq/100g
- Particle Stability: Sulfate Soundness testing (ASTM C-88) and static degradation test not to exceed 4% loss over 20 years
- Bulk Density: 41 + 2lb./ft³
- Color Range: Emerald Green
- Packaging: 50 pound (22.7 kg) valve bags
Product Description: Must be an illite silica blend at 40% minimum and 60% minimum amorphous silica. Material is processed in a rotary kiln operation at temperatures not less than 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. Product is then screened and de-dusted
Typical Chemical Description:
- SiO2 - 74%
- Fe2O3 - 5%
- Al2O3 - 11%
- All other chemicals equal less than 5% and include : CaO, MgO, K2O, Na2O and TiO2
- Topdressing - apply 500 lbs per 1,000 sq. ft. with broadcast spreader and water to field capacity to charge particles.
- Puddles and Muddy Areas - Apply product directly out of the bag into the puddle or muddy area. Rake into the turf or soil and leave product to absorb water and work into the turf.
- Core Aerification - Core-aerify with 5/8 or 3/4 inch hollow tine and spread Field & Fairway evenly at 500 lbs. per 1,000 sq ft.
- Drill-n-Fill of Existing Fairways - Backfill deep-drilled holes at 250 lbs. per 1,000 sq feet