Finelawn Elite is a new and improved, heat and disease resistant, dwarf tall fescue variety developed for superior turf quality across a wide area of adaptation. It is dark green in color, moderately fine textured with excellent wear tolerance. Finelawn Elite is an endophyte enhanced tall fescue with >70% Neotyphodium coenophialum endophyte which provides resistance to a number of leaf and crown feeding insects and nematodes The presence of endophyte also contribute to improved biotic and abiotic stress tolerance, faster seedling establishment, enhanced fall recover and reduced summer weed invasion. recommended for permanent turf in full sun or partial shade, on home lawns, commercial sites, parks, sod farms and golf course roughs.
- Tied for 1st in mean turf quality in the 2001 NTEP Tall Fescue Test Progress Report No. 03-1 conducted across 31 U.S.
- Tied for 1st in brown patch resistance across 6 test
- Dark green in color
- Improved resistance to leaf spot
- Recommended for permanent turf in full sun or partial shade
- Daily Light Required: Full sun to med shade
- Sun Tolerance: Good
- Shade Tolerance: Good
- Grass Color: Dark green
- Grass Texture: Fine
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Traffic Tolerance: Excellent
- Seeding Rate (lbs.) per 1000 square feet. New 8-10 lbs. , Over seeding 5 to 8lbs
- Mowing: Recommendation (in.) 1.5 - 3”