Hulled Sericea Lespedeza is considered a perennial and comes back each spring similar to alfalfa. Has an enormous root system often going down 4 feet or more. Leaves are alternate and composed of numerous 3-leaflet clusters. Great for erosion control and handles drought well. It serves as an effective pasture and hay, or as an attractant for game birds. Extremely leafy and equal to Alfalfa in feeding value. This seed is hulled.
- Warm-season annual legume
- Effective for pasture, hay, wildlife and erosion control
- Better species for the northern climates
- Excellent source of seed for quail and upland birds
- Easy to establish, low maintenance
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: 25-30 LBS./Acre
- Planting Season: March - May
- Plant Depth: 1/2" – 1 1/2"