Iochief is an older variety bread by Iowa State College and is AAS winner in 1951. It has great drought resistance and has a wonderful flavor. Cylindrical, 8½ to 9 inch ears are filled to the tip with 16 to 20 rows of very deep narrow kernels. Perfect for canning or freezing.
- Spring Planting Dates: March – June
- Fall Planting Dates: Sep - October
- Distance Between Rows: 2- 3 ft.
- Distance Between Plants: 1 – 1.5 ft.
- Depth to Plant: 2 in.
- Days to Maturity: 80 - 100 days
- Avg Length of Harvest: 10 days