Kobe Striate Lespedeza are summer annual legumes that are valuable for livestock and Lespedeza in Kentucky. It is commonly grown in food plot mixtures for game birds such as turkey and quail. It can also be used for hay, pasture, erosion control, and cover crops. Roots are widely branched and penetrate the soil more than three feet. It grows best on deep, well-drained, medium to coarse textured soils.
- Warm season legume
- Easy to establish
- Low maintenance
- Great for hay, pasture, and cover crops
- More tolerant of less fertile, more acid soils
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: 25-30 LBS./Acre
- Planting Season: March - May
- Plant Depth: 1/2" – 1 1/2"