National Pickling Cucumber is the ideal cucumber variety for pickling as it has a tapered shape to fit into jars. These cucumbers grow anywhere from 6-7 inches. Dark green with black spines, these cukes are delicious at any age. They deliver heavy yields all season long, not to mention good resistance to scab and cucumber mosaic virus.
- Spring Planting Dates: April – May
- Fall Planting Dates: Aug - Sep
- Distance Between Rows: 3-6 ft.
- Distance Between Plants: 2-4 ft.
- Depth to Plant: 1 in.
- Days to Maturity: 60-65 Days
- Length of Harvest: 90 Days