Smooth Bromegrass is one of the most productive and is highly palatable forage grasses for livestock and wildlife. It also provides good erosion control with its dense network of fibrous roots. It is widely used in mixtures with legumes for pasture, hay, or silage. It is excellent forage for big game animals and waterfowl (particularly geese), and can be used in grass-legume mixes for nesting, brood rearing, escape, and winter cover. It is resistant to drought and extremes in temperature. It is high in protein content and relatively low in crude-fiber content.
- Excellent drought resistance
- Well-suited alongside alfalfa & in mixes
- VERY versatile, well suited to grazing & haying
- Highly palatable
- Superior vigor
- Quick recovery after cutting
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: Alone (lbs./acre): 15-20 / Mixes (lbs./acre): 5-10
- Planting Season: Spring - Fall
- Plant Depth: 1"