Sugar Drip Sorghum is a versatile annual grass that can be used for human consumption as well as silage to goats and cows. Thick, juicy stalks make for mighty fine sorghum syrup once squeezed and boiled down over a wood fire. Grows 6-8 ft. Sweet sorghum is one of the most sensitive crop plants to acid soils. Before planting sweet sorghum, make sure that the soil pH is greater than 5.8.
- Drought tolerant
- High yield potential
- Multiple uses: syrup, grazing, and silage
- Low maintenance
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: 6-8 LBS./Acre
- Planting Season: April - July
- Plant Depth: 1/2" – 1 1/2"