Dixie Gulf is a versatile annual ryegrass that is used for overseeding pastures for winter forage and lawn grass cover for fall and spring. It is one of the most popular varieties used for lawn overseeding. It is planted on millions of acres of lawns and pastures each year. It works well planted with clovers and also is good for planting with new lawns or pastures to provide fast establishment.
- Easy to establish
- Provides dark green color
- Works great with clovers
- Exceptional drought tolerance
- Daily Light Required: Full sun to med shade
- Sun Tolerance: Good
- Shade Tolerance: Good
- Grass Color: Dark green
- Grass Texture: Fine
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Traffic Tolerance: Excellent
- Seeding Rate Lawns: (lbs.) per 1000 square feet. New 5-10 lbs.
- Seeding Rate Pastures:20-40 lbs per acre broadcast, or 20 lbs. per acre drilled
- Mowing: Recommendation (in.) 2 ¼ - 4”