One of the oldest varieties, Calabrese was brought to the United States in the 1880s by Italian immigrants. These plants are between 18-30 inches with dark bluish-green central heads about 5 inches across. They make great additions to home gardens and have excellent flavor.
- Other names: Early Green Sprouting Calabrese, Early Italian Green Sprouting,and El Centro
- Spring Planting Dates: Jan - March
- Fall Planting Dates: July - October
- Distance Between Rows: 2 - 3 ft.
- Distance Between Plants: 1.5 - 2 ft.
- Depth to Plant: 0.5 in.
- Days to Maturity: 60 - 80 days
- Avg Length of Harvest: 40 days