“Hearts of Gold” cantaloupe is an older variety that was developed in 1895 by Roland Morrill. Hearts of Gold melons are packed with delicious, thick flesh that is orange in color. Under the right conditions, these nearly round cantaloupes can grow up to 2 to 3 pounds with heavily netted and medium ribbed skin.
- Spring Planting Dates: April
- Distance Between Rows: 4 - 6 ft.
- Distance Between Plants: 3.5 - 4 ft.
- Depth to Plant: 1 – 1.5 in.
- Days to Maturity: 80 - 90 days
- Avg Length of Harvest: 30 days