Honey Rock is an early maturing heirloom melon that has a thick and firm deep salmon orange color flesh and is incredibly sweet and juicy. Plants produce large 5 to 7 lb cantaloupes with a gray-green skin. Developed by Michigan State University in 1920 for markets in the Northeastern US and Canada. Excellent choice for gardens.
- Spring Planting Dates: April
- Distance Between Rows: 4 - 6 ft.
- Distance Between Plants: 3.5 - 4 ft.
- Depth to Plant: 1 – 1.5 in.
- Days to Maturity: 80 - 90 days
- Avg Length of Harvest: 30 days