Honey Dew Green Cantaloupe are native to Central Asia but have long grown in France and were introduced into the US in the 1900s. It is characterized by the smooth rind and lack of musky odor. The flesh is usually pale green in color, while the smooth peel ranges from greenish to yellow. It generally ranges in weight from 4.0 to 7.9 lb that store and ship well.
- Spring Planting Dates: April
- Distance Between Rows: 4 - 6 ft.
- Distance Between Plants: 3.5 - 4 ft.
- Depth to Plant: 1 – 1.5 in.
- Days to Maturity: 80 - 90 days
- Avg Length of Harvest: 30 days