American Purple Top is the standard for both home and market. This variety grows 4- 6 inches in diameter with 16-20 inches blue-green cut leaf top. They have deep-buff to light-yellow skin with purple on top. The succulent flesh turns an orange/yellow color when cooked. Milder and sweeter when grown in mountain districts.
- Spring Planting Dates: February – April
- Fall Planting Dates: August - October
- Distance Between Rows: 2 -3 ft.
- Distance Between Plants: 4-8 in.
- Depth to Plant: 0.5 in.
- Days to Maturity: 70-100 Days
- Length of Harvest: 30 Days