Certified Clair Timothy Seed, 50 Lb Bag
- Ingredients: Timothy
Clair Timothy is a high yielding variety mainly used for hay, pasture, and silage. It fits well in mixtures with an adapted legume such as alfalfa or red clover since it does not compete with other legumes. It is cool- season perennial that grows in stools or clumps and has a shallow, compact, and fibrous root system. It is a top choice for horse pastures due to early production, excellent endurance and outstanding yields. Timothy is adapted to a cool and humid climate. It is usually seeded in the late summer/early fall. Timothy is very winterhardy and has high tolerance to cold temperatures and ice encasement.
- high yielding
- excellent endurance and outstanding yields
- adapted to a cool and humid climate
- Supports cattle, horses, sheep, alpaca/llama
- Daily Light Required: Full sun to med shade
- Height: Medium to tall, 1 – 5 feet tall
- Foliage Color: Green
- Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Traffic Tolerance: Excellent
- Seeding Rate (lbs.) 8 to 10 pounds/acre when seeded alone and 4 to 6 pounds/acre when seeded in mixtures.