Tifleaf III is a dwarf type hybrid pearl millet producing quick high yields. It only requires 60 days to the boot stage. Tifleaf III has a high level of rust tolerance and high humidity adaptability. However it prefers well drained soils. Tifleaf III has a short plant stature which means that the forage produced is virtually all leaves. This high leaf mass assures Tifleaf III very high protein and high TDN values. With this hybrid you can count on producing the highest yield of forage or grazing. Often used for continuous grazing in the southeast and other parts of the country including Canada. Hybrid Pearl Millet is known for being prussic acid free. Tifleaf 3 is tolerant of the sugar cane aphid.
- Dwarf type hybrid with yield potential of 3-6 DM tons
- Widely adapted to many regions for continuous grazing and/or forage production
- No prussic acid concerns
Tifleaf III is a shorter dwarf type hybrid pearl millet producing quick high yields. It only requires 60 days to the boot stage. Tifleaf III has good tolerance to many pathogens and high humidity. Tifleaf III, with its short plant stature, means that the forage produced is virtually all leaves. This high leaf mass assures Tifleaf III very high protein concentrations and high TDN values. While Hybrid Pearl Millet is a great forage and grazing product sorghum sudangrass hybrids tend to yield more and have higher sugar content.
- Soil Temperature: Warm (65º)
- Water Requirement: Low
- High Quality-High Yield potential
- Tolerant of high temperatures and humidity
- Tolerates frequent harvesting and grazing
- Shorter type hybrid, high leaf density
- Exceptional uniformity
- Low water requirements
Seeds Per Pound: 48,000-50,000
- Tifleaf III is usually harvested 55-60 days after seeding
- Harvest in the boot stage for the most tonnage and nutritional quality