Bred by Dr. Henry Munger at Cornell University this variety is a reliable producer of fruits with heavy yields. Lightly ribbed and netted, these scrumptious fruits have the enticing aroma, rich flavor and lush texture that resembles a muskmelon. Delicious 51 has thinner skin than other hybrids, but holds well for market and in storage.
- Spring Planting Dates: April
- Distance Between Rows: 4 - 6 ft.
- Distance Between Plants: 3.5 - 4 ft.
- Depth to Plant: 1 – 1.5 in.
- Days to Maturity: 80 - 90 days
- Avg Length of Harvest: 30 days