Egyptian Wheat is a member of the sorghum family and is known for its extreme height of 8-12 feet. It produces a significant amount of seeds late in the summer to attract and feed wildlife while providing grazeable forage early in the season. It is especially preferred in plots for game birds due to its high protein seed production. This crop prefers warm temperatures and moderate rainfall.
- Ideal for deer, turkey, and doves
- Makes a great cover crop
- High protein seed production
- Well suited for game birds
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: 10-15 LBS./Acre
- Planting Season: April - July
- Plant Depth: 1/2" – 1"