Introduced in 1934 by W. Atlee Burpee and Co., Fordhook has broad dark-green heavily crumpled leaves with white veins and stalks. Can be used in dishes calling for spinach; sautéed with a bit of butter and sprinkling of lemon juice is a feast in itself. Plants grow 28" high with 2½" wide stalks and produce abundant crops all season. Abundant crops all season and even after the first light frosts.
Swiss Chard Seed:
- Spring Planting Dates: March – June
- Fall Planting Dates: June - September
- Distance Between Rows: 2 ft.
- Distance Between Plants: 6-8 inches
- Depth to Plant: 0.5 in.
- Days to Maturity: 55-80 Days
- Length of Harvest: 40 Days