Fridge Triticale Seed
- Ingredients: Tritacale
Triticale is a crop species resulting from a plant breeder's cross between wheat (Triticum) and rye (Secale). The protein and palatability of triticale is higher than wheat, and is an excellent grain for pasture,hay and as a cover crop. This variety is known for its strong stems, dark green foliage, and long heads. Its aggressive root system builds biomass while scavenging nitrogen.
- High protein and digestibility
- Cool season annual
- extremely aggressive and deep root system
- excellent choice for use as pasture, hay, haylage, and as a cover crop
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: Alone: 100-120 LBS./Acre
- Planting Season: Fall, Spring
- Plant Depth: 1" - 1.5"
Photo Credit: broodlokaal_castricum