German "R" Foxtail Millet Seed, 50 Lb Bag
- Ingredients: Millets
German “R” Foxtail Millet also known as German millet is a grassy annual primarily grown for hay. German “R” Millet is a favored food source for quail, turkey, pheasants, mourning doves, and song birds and other wildlife. Foxtail is also valuable for erosion control because of quick germination. The stems are coarse and leafy, and more slender than those of pearl millet. It does not produce as much biomass as pearl millet. This variety has good seedling vigor and is resistant to lodging however it has little resistance to drought.
- Fast growing and produces high yields
- Shallow root system
- Supports cattle, poultry, deer, upland game birds, song birds
- Low water requirements
- Makes a great cover crop
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: 20-25 LBS./Acre
- Planting Season: April - July
- Plant Depth: 1/2" – 1"