IRON & CLAY COWPEA SEED 50 LB
- Ingredients: Pea
Iron & Clay Cowpea is a warm-season, annual legume that exhibits a wide range of growth habits. It has quick growth and establishment making it excellent for weed suppression and erosion control. Extrafloral nectaries attract beneficial insects such as ants, honeybees, and butterflies. Excellent drought resistance combined with good tolerance of heat, low fertility and a range of soils, make it viable throughout Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio. Reaches maturity (flowering) in about 7 weeks.
- Good nitrogen and biomass produce
- Good in mixtures
- Used as an ingredient to food plots
- Reduce root knot and soybean cyst nematode population
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: Alone: 30 lb/acre drilled; 90 lb/acre broadcast
- Planting Season: April - June
- Plant Depth: 1" - 2"