Japanese Millet Seed, 50 Lb Bag
- Ingredients: Millets
Japanese millet is a warm season, annual grass most commonly grown for forage, cover cropping, or wildlife habitat. This species is prefect for saturated soil types as it can withstand the most moisture around its root than any other warm season grass. When left to mature, it produces a large seed head that is a preferred food source for ducks, doves and turkeys. It has coarse leaves and varies from 1 to 5 ft. in height.
- Can tolerate wet soils and mild flooding
- Commonly used for feeding duck, Dove, Pheasant and Quail
- Great for erosion control
- can provide ample biomass regrowth
- Can be used as a cover crop
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: 20-30 Lbs/Acre
- Planting Season: April - July
- Plant Depth: 1/2" – 1"