Red Clover Seed Variety Not Stated, 50 Lb Bag
- Ingredients: Red Clover
Red clover is an introduced biennial or short-lived perennial grown for forage, cover cropping, and wildlife food plot plantings. It is a quick growing crop, easily established, and produces high quality forage. It is commonly planted with cool season grasses such as orchardgrass, tall fescue, brome grasses and timothy. Red clover is normally used as a companion crop to provide a source of nitrogen while also providing high-yielding forage rich in protein.
- Quick growing crop, easily establishing, and produces high-quality forage
- Can be grown alone or with some warm-season grasses
- Can be planted as an insectary crop to attract pollinators of all kinds.
- Helps to suppress weeds
- Good soil builder
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: 10-12 LBS./Acre
- Planting Season: Spring, Fall
- Plant Depth: 1/2" – 1”