CERT. POTOMAC COATED ORCHARDGRASS SEED 50 LB
- Ingredients: Orchardgrass
‘Potomac’ is bunch-type, tall-growing, cool-season perennial grass that is productive, persistent, and rust-resistant. It produces good yields but matures too early to be compatible with alfalfa for hay. When seeded in a monoculture, 'Potomac' often produces very high yields. This variety should be used where early maturity is needed and as a single species hay.
Orchardgrass is easy to establish and has a denser root system than smooth Bromegrass, Timothy or Bluegrass. It grows on a wide range of soil types, doing well in low-fertility soils, but also responding well to high-fertility soils. Orchardgrass will persist and make reasonable yields on soils that have moderately poor drainage. This seed has a protective coating. Coating the seed helps aid in germination and establishment.
- One of the most productive cool-season grasses!
- Shade Tolerant
- Fairly drought resistant
- Moderate winter hardiness
- Highly palatable for all wildlife and livestock.
- Primarily used for pasture and hay forage production
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate (acre) New 25 lbs per acre, Over seeding 15 lbs. per acre
- Planting Season: Spring - Fall
- Plant Depth: ½" – 1”