Prodigy orchardgrass is a cool season, introduced, perennial, bunchgrass. It can be used for pasture, hay production and forage for horses, cattle and livestock. It has great cold tolerance and high digestibility. It is compatible with many legumes (alfalfa, birdsfoot trefoil, and various clovers) and with some grasses such as perennial ryegrass and tall fescue. Excellent disease resistance, high yield potential, great forage quality, quick recovery after cutting and drought tolerance will be your choice for orchardgrass.
- Excellent forage for horses and other livestock
- High palatability
- Excellent winterhardiness and yield potential
- Great companion to legumes in mixtures
- Excellent seedling and plant vigor
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate (acre) New 25 lbs per acre, Over seeding 10 lbs. per acre
- Planting Season: Spring - Fall
- Plant Depth: ½" - 1"