VARIETY NOT STATED 98% PURE RED TOP SEED 50 LB
- Ingredients: Pea
Redtop is a cool season,sod-forming, perennial grass. The scaly, creeping rhizomes make a coarse, but fairly dense turf. The roots of redtop can reach 4 ft deep under favorable conditions. It germinates very rapidly and performs well on acidic low fertility soils. Redtop is commonly used for erosion control in plantings along riparian zones and wetlands. It grows well on low ph and low fertility soils and is commonly used in wildlife plantings. Whether used for pasture, in mixes, the agronomic advantages of Red Top make this a desirable variety.
- Not aggressive in mixtures
- Broadly adapted to a wide range of soils
- Good grazing resistance
- Excellent seedling and plant vigor
- Great forage yield potential
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate (acre) 10-15 LBS./ACRE
- Planting Season: Spring - Fall
- Plant Depth: ½"