- Resources & Downloads
The first and only patented, red calcined clay conditioner, Turface® Pro League® Elite Red combines a rich red color with proven infield conditioning benefits, creating superior sliding and fielding surfaces. As the preferred conditioner of the major leagues, Pro League Elite Red is unmatched for maximum rainout protection and infield coloring.
- Materials: A calcined, non-swelling illite and silica clay
- Porosity: Total 74%, with 39% Capillary and 35% Non Capillary
- pH range: 5.5 + 1.0
- CEC: 33.6 mEq/100g
- Particle Stability: Sulfate Soundness testing (ASTM C-88) and static degradation test not to exceed 4% loss over 20 years
- Bulk Density: 40+ 2 lb/ft³
- Color Range: Red
- Packaging: 50 pound valve bags, 2000 pound super sacks
Pro League Red® Sieve Analysis:
|5 MESH (4 mm)||0.0%|
|8 MESH (2.38 mm)||14.3%|
|16 MESH (1.19 mm)||83.0%|
|20 MESH (.841 mm)||2.1%|
|50 MESH (.297 mm)||0.3%|
Product Description: Must be an illite silica blend at 40% minimum and 60% minimum amorphous silica. Material must be
processed in a rotary kiln operation at temperatures not less than 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. Product must then be screened and dedusted.
Typical Chemical Description:
- SiO2 - 60%
- Al2O3 - 5%
- Fe2O3 - 5%
- All other chemicals equal less than 5% and include : CaO, MgO, K2O, Na2O and TiO2
Installation: Pro League Elite Heritage Red is an ideal topdressing material for skinned infields. At the start of the season, apply 2-3 pallets of product as a topdressing. Refresh areas of the infield by applying 50-pound bags as needed.
The recommended rate of application for a 1/4-inch topdressing is 500 pounds per 1,000 square feet. This equates to ten 50-pound bags per 1,000 square feet or about three pallets on a standard baseball infield of 11,000 square feet of dirt.