- Resources & Downloads
Winterhawk was developed in collaboration with OreGro Research and Dr. Gordon Prine of University of Florida. Selected during several cold winters in Nebraska, Winterhawk is the premier winter hardy annual ryegrass. Excellent cold and frost tolerance allows Winterhawk to thrive in those regions where annual ryegrass is normally compromised by cold weather. Winterhawk is an excellent addition to a forage program for all species of livestock where wide adaptability is needed.
- Adapted to a wide variety of soil types from clay loam, to sandy loam.
- Can tolerate periodic flooding of no more than a week.
- Use for pasture, hay, silage, and greenchop
- Seed Count: 210,000 seeds/lb
- Disease Resistance: Very good
- Seeding Rate: 25 to 50 lbs. per acre; Drilling-30 lbs. per acre.
- Planting Season: Fall - Winter
- Plant Depth: 1/2"